Wednesday, June 1, 2011
I've been wanted something to put all of my crochet needles in for ages and I'd book marked this tutorial by Kim Walus at Moda Bake Shop ages ago, well I finally found the time to make it. The fabric I used was a fat 1/8th bundle from spotlight, perfect size.
The tute was easy to follow, the few things I would change would be to list everything you need at the top, you have to read the whole thing to make sure you have everything, there was some instruction missing from how to attach the inside pocket and hook pocket to the outside, it kind of left you up to your own devises as to how to do this, looking at the photos I didn't do the same as Kim.
I'm happy with how it turned out, it was the first time I'd sewed with plastic so that was interesting. If I was to make another I would leave cutting the top and bottom curves until just before adding the binding, it was a bit messy trying to line everything up after sewing onto the centre piece.
Well I'm off to cut into that fabric I mentioned yesterday, ran out of time! Wish me luck ;-)