Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Crayon Roll

A couple of weeks ago I needed to make a gift, and quick. My first thought for the gift just wasn't working so I had to go to plan B. I had a few rectangles of fabric already cut out for another project (that just wasn't happening) so the crayon roll was born.

Crayon Roll - inside
Inside

I just made it up on the spot, ie no pattern. I'd made similar rolls before, so I thought it wouldn't be too hard!

Crayon Roll - outside
Outside
Well it wasn't hard, but with School holidays and both boys demanding my attention, what should have taken 1/2 hour took about 3. I also should have bought the crayons before sewing the lines. I had big fat crayons in mind. The idea of the flap and the top was so the crayons don't fall out, it either needed to be longer or the roll not as tall. You live and learn.

Crayon Roll
All rolled up
A nice neat package.

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute!
    There's nothing nicer than a hand made gift.......unless it's a bank cheque for a million dollars.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...