Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

4th blogiversary


I've made it to 4 years! I have never been able to keep any type of diary. I always have the best intentions and eagerness but they never last more than a month or so. So to be blogging for 4 years has just amazed me no end. There has been times when I haven't written a post for months but I've always gone back to it.  Having a blog has enabled me to meet some amazing people in person and online, and I would never have met one of my best friends if it wasn't for this blog. I've been able to connect with like minded and crafty people that I would never have met and grown my sewing ability and range. It has though encouraged me to spend a bit on fabric and the like but that may have happened anyway!

Looking back at the past 4 years I've changed and grown. I first got back into sewing by making softies but I haven't made one for ages. I wanted to get into quilting at one stage and have every intention to go back to it. At the moment it's all about making accessories for either friends family myself or to sell through Ditto Crafts. I find so much satisfaction in finishing an item then being able to share it with the world, doesn't matter if nobody reads it, but it's great if someone else is inspired to make their own. I think that is the biggest thrill. For me it's not about showing off but sharing and inspiring.

I want to have a giveaway to celebrate, but what to give away? I've explored so many things in the past 4 years. Any ideas? After all I will be giving something away to one of you.
Last of all, thank you so much to those who read and comment. It means so much to me.

Here are a few things in April I've made in the past 4 years.

Tui Tui
April 2008 - first softie

First Bag
April 2009 - first bag
Little A's School Library bag
April 2010 - library bag
First 4 months of Melly and Me's Once Upon a Time BOM
April 2011 - Melly & Me Stitchery
Zip Pouches
April 2012 - Zip Pouches

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...