Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

First Bag


First Bag
Originally uploaded by MandyMade
I finally took the plunge and made my first bag. I don't know what I was so afraid of!!

I have 3 bag patterns that I want to make so I decided to make the easiest before I take the plunge into Nicole Mallalieu's Carry All Bag (maybe I shouldn't have chosen and advanced pattern first!!). So I made the bag "Saturday Morning Tote" by Gail Pan out of Australian Homespun Vol 10.3.
I found this material in spotlight and wanted to use it for this bag so I didn't use the applique that was in the pattern. I don't seem to be able to stick to patterns lately!! I added two pockets inside for my phone and ipod. It was a bit tricky at first turning the strap but then I remembered the advice from Melly and Me on turning and that worked a treat and saved me heaps of time.
I've been wearing the bag for a week now and it seems to be working well, could do with it being a bit larger though and the strap a bit shorter, next time!!

I think I'm after a bag that isn't too big that its bulky but must fit everything in that I need every day, but when I don't need all the stuff it doesn't look too big, hmm, will see with the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...