Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Lily's Birthday Present

I went to spotlight to buy a new rotary cutter blade, I knew I shouldn't have cos I also came out with a quilting ruler some other stuff and the fabric I ended up making this bag out of. I don't know why I didn't get the quilting ruler sooner, it made cutting the strips for the bag sooooo much easier, can highly recommend one. I ended up getting the one with inches as all patterns that require this kind of cut have it in inches. Anyway... I also think it was my metal ruler that was making my rotary blade blunt.

I knew I wanted to make my niece a library bag and had my eye on one in homespun mag. I didn't think I had enough time to make it and thought i'd have to iou. So I changed the look of the bag but kept everything else the same, and finished it in time, approx 5 hours i think.

She seemed to like it (as much as a 3 year old does).

Lily's Library Bag
Originally uploaded by MandyMade


Lily's Library Bag
Originally uploaded by MandyMade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...