Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Back to what I know!

I've unpicked the quilting disaster and decided to have a go at a smaller version before tackling it again. I know where I went wrong but just so I can get my confidence back. I felt like such a novice, especially asking you all for help. Love this blogging community :-).

I'd never used quilting pins on my new machine, only hand basted. So that was the first thing to go. I was in too much of a rush to quilt, big mistake. On one of the blogs I read, Amy had just experimented with jelly roll racing, I'd never heard of it (can you tell I haven't been reading blogs? Don't worry i'm back into it!), googled it, and found it was huge. So with the left over strips from the quilt, I cut 1 1/2 inch strips and had a go. It came together so fast. The same fabrics clumped together a bit, strange how it did that, random didn't end up being random! Might try it again on a proper jelly roll one day.

This is doll quilt size so will be used by someone when I finish it. So here goes, straight line quilting I think. Then I'll baste the bigger size again and have another go at that.

Please note these are not my usual fabrics, I'm using up a bad purchase stash on the experiment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...