Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

100th Post


Mum's Birthday Bag
Originally uploaded by MandyMade
Wow, i have reached my 100th post, how exciting, who would have thought :-) I have seen lots of other blogs give stuff away when they reach their centenaries, but I have been racking my brain as to what I could do. So I think I may leave it up to the few readers that I have, after all this kinda thing is about the reader!! So if you have seen something in the past that I have made, my coffee cuffs for example, and you would like me to make something for you, please leave a comment, I'll either choose randomly or the best idea!! It all depends on the response :-). I'm sorry but I will only be able to accept Australian residents only unless you have a way for me to get a package to you os. I will give you until the end of September to comment. How exciting ;-)

Now to Mum's bag. I made another of Anna Maria Horner's Taxi Tote's for my mum for her birthday. She chose the fabric ages ago and was just sitting there waiting to be made. I used pre-made bias tape this time, saved me heaps of time and fabric, still need to work on the joins though. I put some magnetic snaps in this time so the bag will close on the outer edges. I found with the one I made myself that it gaped too much and I was worried about hands that could get in there!! I added a base to the bag again, following Nicole Mallalieu's tutorial.

Well there you go, 100 posts. Thank you to the people that read my blog, I know that posts can be few and far between but I like to spend more time behind the sewing machine than the computer!! I do that enough in the day job. I'm going to do a re-haul on the site soon, needs a spring clean and a fresh look so stay tuned....

TTFN

Mandy

Anna Maria Horner's Taxi Tote from Seams to Me. Handmade by MandyMade
Bag base variation, I added a base to this bag using Nicole Mallalieu's tutorial found here

4 comments:

  1. Happy Blogaversarry! 100 posts is so exciting :-) That bag is gorgeous, too!

    If I could have anything made it would totally be this gorgeous clutch that you made for your sisters:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mandykt-made/3925883702/

    It's so simple, stylish, and classy- I would be proud to take it out with me to fancy dinners!!

    xxx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 100th post... and good on you for spending more time sewing than blogging! I think I need to find that balance.

    No giveaways for me. Just congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on you 100th post - great effort, I know how much time it does take away from sewing.

    Having just left a comment about the rooster, I would have to say that would be my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so ashamed to say that this is the first time I've checked out everything you've been making and... You're ACE! You make such cool stuff.

    Had to laugh at the "full contact" apron 'cause that's exactly what my kids need! Pretty much all the time! lol

    I've never seen coffee cuffs before - how awesome! Must track down that pattern. Love them!

    We are very proud to have Pippa and Penny (or is it Polly and Pippa?)at our house - both EG and LW enjoy playing with them.

    AND you make such BEAUTIFUL cards! Mandy Tyrer - you are just fabulous!

    But I do believe that I am in LOVE with your drawstring cases. Can so see Ella-Grace wandering down the shops with that over her arm.

    Anyway, that's enough from me. Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...